…Riley has been desperately trying to earn some cubscout badges and belt-loops and pins. One of the section is to have a family meeting to map out what you would do in an emergency. He decided we would do this tonight.
…he wrote out the following questions
1) Yes or No: do you ever, ever touch electricity
2) If it is a fire, how do you get out?
3) Yes or No: when there is a fire, do you ever go back in the house?
4) Yes or No: do you play with matches?
5) Yes or No: do you crawl under smoke?
6) Yes or No: do you go in a closet during a fire?
7) Yes or No: do you get afraid of a firefighter?
We sat down in the middle of the floor – with all of the lights out – and 2 flashlights on and talked about all of this. We also talked about what to do in a tornado or hurricane (go to a room with no windows) or a “white out” [which is a snow storm] (stay in the house or you will get lost!)
I was impressed that all of them (well…except Addison) know what 9-1-1 is for.