This is another version of the Making Your Home a Haven posts. Tammy at TammysRecipes.com is hosting it. The goal is to work -not only on the cleaning/homemaking aspects of your home – but the people aspects. Sometimes to do that, you have to get the rest of your house in order.
Todays challenge is based on the fact that a well oiled routine in the morning might just get you off to a good start. I know this is true for me (us). Those days I get up early (okay…on time), I am less stressed and I know the kids feel better (how could they not? with a mom who isn’t screaming and rushing them). For me, having a good morning routine really requires several things to be done the night before so the first few things on my list will be two-part items (one to be done the night before so that the other can be done in the morning).
So, here are the rules for this weeks version of Making Your Home a haven…”Join me in making a list of 5 things you want to call your Morning Routine!” Your 5 things will likely be very different from mine! Do what works for you. Keep it simple and manageable: something you can reasonably do on a daily basis.
So, here are my list of 5 things to do each morning (in italics)…
1) Make sure I go to bed early enough to get 7 hours of sleep. So, if I want to get up at 5:00 am (which is always my goal) that means no staying up to 11:00 or 12:00. I’ll have to sacrifice some of the shows I like to watch but …well, hopefully I can catch them ON DEMAND. Get up at 5:00 am each morning and no hitting the snooze button!
2) Make sure the sink is clean and the dishes are put away before I go to bed and dress the kids in their clothes for the next day prior to going to bed. Have breakfast planned and ready to put out when the kids get up (e.g. put plates on the table, pour the juice and start the coffee pot)
3) Exercise on either the treadmill or the stepper for 15 minutes
4) Spend 2 minutes with each child connecting with them and telling them how much I love them.
5) Make lunches for the boys and me
Go here to see how others are approaching this challenge!