Here is my second installment in the Making your home a haven segment. The theme today is CLEAN…(okay, everyone who knows me needs to get up off the floor!)
Here is my quote that I found to reflect on during the day…
Cleanliness and order are not matters of instinct; they are matters of education, and like most great things, you must cultivate a taste for them
Here’s my timeline…
1) up at 6:00 am…(Riley was already downstairs, and luckily I was able to get showered, dressed, made up and ready for the day before the other 3 were awake). DONE
2) get girls dressed and help boys get dressed for school DONE
3) breakfast of cereal and pumpkin oatmeal bread (homemade) for the kids; make my coffee and breakfast to bring with me DONE
4) take completed (yeah) kitchen cabinet doors off of the dining room table and get the next ones prepped so I can work on them after supper (1/2 DONE…finished with the first set, but didn’t get to do the next part)
5) clean breakfast dishes (thanks Nastia for the help)
6) drive the boys to school DONE
7) Work…I have both morning and afternoon clinics today so will be running from the time I get there. ACTUALLY NOT AS BAD AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE…one PM patient came in the morning and 2 PM patient’s cancelled so was out by 4 PM
8) Hopefully I will finish by around 4 and can get home to make dinner and complete the “clean portion.
9) During dinner prep, I am hoping to spend some time with the kids (if it is still light) playing outside Didn’t get to go outside, but we had a good time in the house while I was cooking.
10) Paint (prime) the next set of cabinet doors
11) Do homework with the boys and cuddle the girls and get everyone to bed by 8 pm OK, this is where I had some trouble. Forgot that this was my WW meeting night. So, instead of this, I went to my WW meeting and spent some quality time with my friends Wendy and Pat. It was a good night.
11) Go through my closet and bag up the shoes that I haven’t worn for > 1 year for Goodwill. I have been meaning to do this. (for those of you who don’t know me, I have about 200 pairs of shoes and most of them just sit in my closet…since the beginning of the re-model this summer, I have been planning on really culling them)…Tonight is the night! I am still planning on trying to do this before bed.
Dinner tonight will be spaghetti and meatballs with left over cling peaches and homemade italian bread (garlic toast)
I’ll post back pictures from the last two days tonight.