Christine, over at Smiles and Trials and The Ukraine Train tagged me today. I haven’t done this answering the four questions before so I will start with the basics and then update with Christine’s new questions.
Jobs I’ve had in my life:
1. Worked at Bickford’s Pancakes and Family Restaurant between the age of 15 and 21. It was one of the best jobs for making money and saving (as I did in high school and college) but also gave me some of the worst nightmares in my life…picture you being the only waitress in a building with nearly 150 people arriving on a bus and no chef!!!!
2. Physician specializing in Infectious Diseases and with a specialty in Pediatric HIV. Truly a job of the heart and I have been lucky enough to be very successful in my career so I can get to know some of the most amazing people in the world and have their trust and respect. It is both satisfying and I am constantly in awe at the people who let me into their lives through it.
3. Teaching medicine and pediatrics to medical students and residents. It is one of the most exciting jobs to see young people grow into this profession and inspiring to see them develop skills over time.
4. Mom to 3 children adopted from Russia. I often cannot believe how good God is to me to allow me to have these special children in my life.
Places I have lived:
TV shows I like to watch:
Anything on TLC
Law and Order (the original)
Dancing with the Stars
Places I’ve been to:
I’ve been to nearly every state in the US at one time or another.
Europe (Italy, Germany, Austria, France, England)
Russia (5 times)
Canada (Ontario, New Brunswick)
Mexico, Bahamas, Turks and Caico’s
Fajita’s with chips
Cheese (nearly any kind)
Books I’ve read in the last 5 years:
Several things by James Patterson
The Madman and the White City
…can’t remember many (not alot of time to read with 3 kids under 6 years)
Things I enjoy:
Snuggling in bed with my kids
Having my slightly attachment challenged 6 year old turn to me at the end of the day and say (unprompted) “I love you mommy” – and mean it.
Talking about my kids to people who understand what they have come thru to get where they are.
And here are the update questions (and answers)
Jobs I would love to do while still being a Mom:
1. Sounds corny but my current job! I love what I do. My life as a mom has made it even better and even though I don’t spend as much time as I did pre-kids, I love that I can go to work and then come home to them at night.
2. Teach all of those clueless people in public schools about what trauma does to children and how “one-size” doesn’t fit all.
3. Run a charity
Places I would love to live for one month:
2. In a house located on the Atlantic Ocean so that I could open my windows and hear the surf all night long
3. Alaska (in the summer)
Food I really don’t care for:
Concerns about adopting from Russia
1. Leaving my other children at home while I travel for the new one(s)
2. Travel in country. the drivers use the lanes as only “suggestions” and especially in the winter, it is scary.
3. Not being able to take them home right away and having to do extra trips